top of page
Enforcing Money Judgments

For most people, the civil litigation process is not a favorable experience. Litigation is not only costly, but often is a waste of time. However, when court intervention is required, the prevailing party will usually obtain a money judgment. Once you have a money judgment entered in your favor, you will need to enforce that judgement. Most debtors do not voluntarily pay the judgment entered against them. This is why a comprehensive and direct strategy is necessary to turn your paper judgment into money.

What do I do when my attorney obtains a money judgment for me?

The post judgment realm of enforcement actions can be complex. Many attorneys who do civil litigation do not know how to enforce the judgments they obtained. Frequently, debtors who know that a money judgment will be entered against them, will attempt to transfer their property prior to entry of judgment, in an effort to divert money away from a judgment creditor. When voluntary efforts have failed, our goal on behalf of our clients is to enforce those Court Orders, and force the debtor to make payment.

The following represents some options and remedies available to a Judgment Creditor to enforce the judgment as entered:

Writ of Execution

Wage Levy

Bank Levy

Third Party Levy

Wage Garnishment

Sheriff Keeper

Order for Sale (Real Property)

Turnover Orders

Charging Orders

Abstract of Judgment

Real Property Liens

Record in Proper County

Refinance by Debtor

Payoffs through Escrows

Real Property Levies

Fraudulent Transfers

Separate Lawsuits

Lis Pendens Recorded

Separate Judgment. & Order

"Insider" Transfers

No consideration

bottom of page